Monday, May 10, 2010

The Pineapple Upside down cake that wasn’t


Yesterday I was offered a pineapple upside down cake. I had it on my plate, I had taken my fork to cut off a piece, was about an inch from my mouth; when the peanut gallery started to yell. “Don’t do it!” “You have worked so hard” “Once you start you won’t stop” Then I did it, I went back to the kitchen put my piece back and gave a sigh. Peer pressure made me not eat something I shouldn’t have….but in a sick kinda way I wish I would have. My huhhy said he was proud, and that made me feel better, then he brought me some oranges. That will have to satisfy my sweet tooth until my goals are meet.



On a different note…has anyone ever heard of Macca? It is suppose to help with fertility.
quote of the day:
When temptation comes, you can invent a delete key in your mind—perhaps the words from a favorite hymn. Your mind is in charge; your body is the instrument of your mind. When some unworthy thought pushes into your mind, replace it with your delete key. Worthy music is powerful and can help you control your thoughts (see D&C 25:12).”




Boyd K. Packer, “Prayer and Promptings,” Ensign, Nov. 2009, 46

1 comment:

Tami said...

Its hard huh? Yesterday DH's family was all enjoying strawberry shortcake...with yummy Angelfood cake. It looked so good, but I was strong and didn't have any. I ended up having a piece of a dove bar when I got home, but even felt guilty doing that...it sucks that we can't eat like everyone else. :P I'm feeling frustrated with PCOS and my weight loss goals today. I have already hit a plateau and it has only been 4 weeks or so! What is up with that! But you should be proud!! :)