Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Diet part 1 Foods I avoid

My diet in a net shell.




I have deicide to do this in three parts. Today I will talk about what I stopped eating and what the benefits I have seen come from this.

My diet is pretty easy, I do not follow a plan I have tried to in the past and although the results were desirable in the end I always resorted to my old ways, and gaining the weight back. (Last time I gained it back plus it brought friends with it.) So now I try to eat healthy and avoid certain things. I always listen for tips to help me out along the way.

Refined Sugar

With PCOS {correct me if I am wrong since this is my understanding} hormones in the body increases the insulin. {Which is why I assume that women have a higher chance of type 2 diabetes.} So after 2.5 years of research the conclusion that I came to for myself is to just give it up. This is something that I had to give up cold turkey, I would never do it if I didn’t. The result? For me was this:

*Weight Loss

* higher Energy

* The best news of all one 2 cm benign cyst {The key word here is one!!! Yeah!}

To replace sugar because I do have a tid bit of a sweet tooth. I eat fruit, and drink 100% fruit juice. {The only ingredient is the fruit, my favorite right now is watermelon}

Other things I have given up which I think helped me with the above benefits.

White Rice

White Flour

Pasta ( I will talk more about this tomorrow)

Skim Milk ( In the Fertility Diet it talks about how this can help hinder fertility where as Whole Milk and Whole Dairy products can help it, but only by eating no more no less then 2 servings)

Soy products. ( This is especially for men it decreases their fertility Source:Conceive Magazine )

Saturated Fat

Caffeine

I think that because I have given all this junk up it has really helped me and it has only but 2 months!

There is a really good pod cast from Conceive Magazine about the food we eat and how it effects fertility Here is the link!

I hope this helped, it is just impossible to write it all out in one day.



Tomorrow I am going to blog about all the wonderful food I eat that have really helped me out.
Quote of the day:
"In my quiet moments, I think of the future with all of its wonderful possibilities and with all of its terrible temptations. I wonder what will happen to you in the next 10 years. Where will you be? What will you be doing? That will depend on the choices you make, some of which may seem unimportant at the time but which will have tremendous consequences.







"Someone has said, 'It may make a difference to all eternity whether we do right or wrong today' (James Freeman Clarke, in Elbert Hubbard's Scrap Book [1923], 95).






"You have the potential to become anything to which you set your mind. You have a mind and a body and a spirit. With these three working together, you can walk the high road that leads to achievement and happiness. But this will require effort and sacrifice and faith."






Gordon B. Hinckley, "Stay on the High Road," Ensign, May 2004, 112-13

Love
Tiff

1 comment:

Tami said...

Sounds like the South Beach Diet. I have started to stray a little from the South Beach diet though and am just going on my own little journey. I didn't know conceive magazine had a podcast! I will totally have to check that out! I get a free copy from my OBGYN...its awesome! Can't wait to read your post tomorrow! :)