Thursday, May 6, 2010

My diet part 2



What do I eat?

Salad.

I have always been a salad fan so eating more has been an issue for me, I do spruce it up a bit though. When ever we have fajitas or pulled pork {really anything that goes in bread or tortillas} I put it on top of my salad. Spinach is a great source of folic acid So I try to eat that as much as possible.



Veggies.

I love my veggies. I eat them as snacks, and with meals . My goal is to try and get 5 servings or more a day.



Fruit

Fruit has become my sweet craving. I have this when ever I feel like I need a sweet fix. This is also something I try eat enough servings of.



Carbs

I know that there is a rumor going around that carbs are bad. I don’t think that this is quite true, for not all carbs are created equal. In the last book I read “the Fertility Diet” He talked a lot on low carb vs. Slow carbs. He talked about how high processed carbs such as white flour and corn flakes will actually raise the blood sugar instantly {which is not always a good thing with PCOS} and slow carbs take a longer time to raise the blood sugar disputing nutrients along the way. So as a result of this I have cut out high processed carbs. Do you remember yesterday when I said I cut out pasta? Well I kinda lied. I actually still eat pasta every week , the difference? I make it myself taking out the anything that is processed. It only has three ingredients whole wheat flour, salt, and eggs. Simple, yummy and healthy. {You can find the recipes I use on my other blog here.}



Beans

I try to have beans everyday the health benefits are amazing and in the fertlity diet it says it can actually raise infertility. My favorite way to have bean is on salad I don’t know why it just taste so good.



Fat

I do not eat trans fat at all. Did I mention that yesterday? I can’t remember. Although I don’t eat trans fat I do eat unsaturated fat like olive oil, avocados, almonds fish. Even my oat meal has some ( It has Flax Seed in it. I also eat some saturated fat. In the Fertility Diet book {geez I should get paid for how much I talk about it} It talks about how just by stopping eating trans fat and eating unsaturated and saturated fat you can kick start your ovulation.



Grains.

Every morning I eat a 7 grain oat meal. {It looks like sweet feed my hubby says} For sweets I add Jelly that is from sprouts that has just straw berries and natural pectin. It taste so good.! I also put a cup of whole milk in to get my dairy serving.



Dairy

I have two servings of whole dairy a day.



I think that this is it. Tomorrow I will post about the supplements I take. I also will post my 2 month picture. If you have any questions about my diet just email me or leave a comment. I hope this has helped I have noticed just by eating more of the good I feel good. What is your favorite snack? How have you changed your diet to reach your baby dreams?



Quote of the day:

"Should there be anyone who feels he is too weak to do better because of that greatest of fears, the fear of failure, there is no more comforting assurance to be had than the words of the Lord: 'My grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them' (Ether 12:27)."

Thomas S. Monson, "Our Sacred Priesthood Trust," Ensign, May 2006, 57

Love

Tiff

No comments: