Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Blessing dreams can bring....


Yesterday was one of those days. After the whole Pineapple upside down cake incident, in my head I asked was this worth it? Were my goals ever going to be achieved? Then I had this dream.

I dreamt that I was with my SIL and we were at one of those mall playgrounds with our SONS. Mine was six months I never saw hers so I have no idea how old he was. It seems to me that my dream focused on this little miracle He was perfect. He had blonde golden hair, with lose little ringlets, (like my brother and nieces) . His eyes where such a light blue like his dad. He was mine. He was 6months and crawling and pulling himself up. My sil and I were talking about how he looking to become an early walker and I remember thinking I need him to not to walk so I could keep him as a baby for just a bit longer. Then I woke up, sadden because it was only a dream, cheered up because it gave me hope and a picture in my head to hold on too. I don’t know when the child is going to come but I know he will one day. He is worth it. I will not stop until he is in my arms. Smiling that knowing smile that we have meet before. I know this was a gift given to me by my Heavenly Father to let me know I am doing the right things.



There is a wonderful book about stories like this by Sarah Hinze. It is one of my favorites in a way it provides comfort to me when I don’t have a child in my arms. It talks a lot about our premortal existence; and how these men and women have dreams or visions about their children before they are born. Then meeting them once they are born.





I have to think that this is what this was. I have had one dream like this before. When I just found out about PCOS I had a dream that I ascended right in the middle of a circle of children that were meant to be in my family. Some had different colored skin showing me we would adopt and others look like me and Mark. The love was amazing. That was the last dream I ever had about my future family. I have been holding on to that image for 4 years. Until last night I am so thankful. \



Have you ever dreamt of your future, with children running in the background? It amazes me what blessing can come from a simple dream.

Quote if the day:

"In this age of one hour dry cleaning and one minute fast food franchises, it may at times seem to us as though a loving Heavenly Father has misplaced our precious promises or He has put them on hold or filed them under the wrong name. . . .


"When heaven's promises sometimes seem afar off, I pray that each of us will embrace these exceeding great and precious promises and never let go. . . . God will remember you."


Spencer J. Condie, "Claim the Exceeding Great and Precious Promises," Ensign, Nov. 2007, 18

1 comment:

Tami said...

I have had 2 dreams like that. One about a baby boy, I had given birth to him, DH had a similar one too. And I had a dream about a little girl. I used to think they had special meaning, but as more time goes on, I feel the dream of having children dying inside of me. That maybe I'm just not meant to here, and these are children that will be mine on the other side. I don't know. But I do understand the comfort these dreams can bring. :) I might have to find that book. :)