Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Awakening

Today went pretty good. I finally got my TCM guide to infertility and so far it’s pretty good. I will give you a full report later. Today was also the first day that I have actually remembered to write down what I ate and I got to say that I did alright if anything I didn’t eat enough {which has always been my problem}. I have been thinking a lot about what positive changes can I make in my life, and one is limited time to technology. I have decided that I spend to much time on the computer or watching tv. I am trying to escape life instead of living it. I am so blessed and what do I do with it? Nothing. I have so many talents that I have lost because I am doing nothing about it. That ended today. I only turn on the tv once and that was for Oprah…{why is that show so addicting?} I played with my little girl all day today. I learned something new {how to make pasta}. I didn’t read my scriptures to read them I ponder them, I studied them, I enjoyed them.


It is so easy to get to the point on this journey where all you have in tunnel vision, forget the events that surround you . I know that this is how I can get. The house could be burning down but if that doesn’t help my “baby wanting dreams” then who cares. Well I want to say good bye to that person, and hello to the women I met today. How could I live so long only going through the motions of life?

Am I the only one who gets like this? I am so glad I had this awakening! What has awaken you?



Quote:

“The real life we’re preparing for is eternal life. Secular knowledge has for us eternal significance. Our conviction is that God, our Heavenly Father, wants us to live the life that He does. All we can learn that is true while we are in this life will rise with us in the Resurrection. And all that we can learn will enhance our capacity to serve.”

Henry B. Eyring, “Real-Life Education,” New Era, Apr. 2009, 8

2 comments:

Jana said...

stumbled upon your blog.
good luck w/ your fertility diet. sounds interesting
best of luck

http://findjoynow.blogspot.com

Tami said...

Wow, this was something I have been thinking about lately. Life just passes me by, all I can think, sleep, dream, do is baby stuff. Its sad, the drive just takes over I guess. That's why I think I have been feeling more peaceful since having losing weight to concentrate on. But I find myself slipping back into ignoring everything else but TTC stuff. :P Thanks for this post, I really needed to hear it. :)