Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's been how long since day one?

Where am I now? The same place I was on day one. I did learn something though....I am not a runner. I hate it even when I was fit I hated it. I recently looked in my diary from when I was 15 {I was on the basketball, and tennis team} the first thing it said was I hate running! I was only 90lbs and in great shape. So for me the fact is I was sitting myself up to fail.
The other thing I learned is DO NOT TELL FAMILY or at least not my family they always laugh it off and say like last time. So no support there. Oh well new year new plan!
THE PLAN:
I have been thinking about this and I really need support and someone to help me keep myself accountable. So who better then my best friend? We have the same issues in this category of weight. So we are going to try it together getting together every other weekend to talk and support each other maybe we will have a fun club name? {is it just me or is everything more fun with a club name?}
That's really it building a support system. You know the regulars are included eat right, exercise.yadda yadda yadda.

Oh so one more thing....I am going to a new DR. She wanted a complete blood work done. I wonder what she well say: Tiffany, guess what you test are in you need to loose some weight.
ME: No really? What do you think I have tried to do since having my DD 5 years ago?
So since I really can't say that I guess I am stuck with I have a plan!!!!

So what do you guys think? Anyone want to join? Look on the side, it has new goals and what you can expect in later posts. One for every day in fact. You can join me, it would be fun !

Here is a great quote to help lead us in the right direction:
I come to you tonight with a plea that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we try to 'accentuate the positive.' I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort. Now I am not asking that all criticism be silenced. Growth comes of correction. Strength comes of repentance. Wise is the man or woman who can acknowledge mistakes pointed out by others and change his or her course. "What I am suggesting is that you turn from the negativism that so permeates our modern society and look for the remarkable good among those with whom you associate, that we speak of one another's virtues more than we speak of one another's faults, that optimism replace pessimism, that our faith exceed our fears. When I was a young man and was prone to speak critically, my wise father would say: 'Cynics do not contribute. Skeptics do not create. Doubters do not achieve.' "
Gordon B. Hinckley, "Be Not Afraid, Only Believe," CES Fireside for Young Adults, Sept. 9, 2001
Topics: Growth
Love
Tiffany

1 comment:

A Chocolate Bouquet said...

My best wishes to you on your journey--and you are speaking of a topic that I need to really do for myself. I've gained about 20 pounds in the past year(house fire-eating out all the time til we re-settled), and now I'm just so UN-motivated. I'm also getting older-just turned 40, and please let me encourage you that it is easier to lose weight when you are younger-I am finding this out by experience!
Hope to hear great progress for you and your best friend! In the nicer weather, my best friend and I walk 2 miles a few times a week, but I really need to use my eliptical that I just got for my birthday too! :)