Tuesday, April 27, 2010

niaw:fact and figures + some new clothes

So for today's niaw I wanted to show you the figures. It's scary to know I am one of those numbers, but it is also somewhat comforting to know I am not alone. Everyday someone breaks free of these numbers, and I know there will be a day when I or one of my friend's will.

  •  One in six couples worldwide has some type of infertility problem

  • Forty percent of infertility cases are linked to men and 40 percent to women. In 20 percent of cases there is a joint problem.

  • Fertility decreases as a woman ages and approaches the menopause. Women are generally thought to be at their most fertile between 20 and 25 years old.
  • Hormonal disorders, damaged or blocked fallopian tubes and endometriosis, a condition in which tissue that normally lines the uterus is found elsewhere in the body, are common causes of female infertility.
  • Low sperm count or poor sperm shape or swimming ability are the major problems in male infertility.
  • A normal couple in their mid-20s having regular sex have a one in four chance of conceiving each month. Infertility is defined as the inability of a couple to conceive after a year of trying.

  • Europe leads the world in fertility treatments. In 2002 more than 324,000 treatments were reported in 23 European countries, an increase of 12 percent from the previous year. More than half took place in Germany, France and Britain. In the United States 115,000 treatments were performed in 2002
This information comes from: Mail Online Health


 
for the lighter side of my post I finally have my goal outfits picked out and bought! Want to see them? Well ok! The first is my casual outfit.

 It is a pair of American Eagle long shorts{size 14}

 and a  shirt from CKU {size medium}. This outfit cost me a total of  $6.00 

My second outfit is a church outfit

the Khaki Skirt  from Gap {size14}

 and the shirt is from Walmart {size jr's XL}

 This outfit cost me $5.00 dollars. I love how the shirt has a longer back, so no bottoms can be seen.


So what do you think? I know your wondering what my secret is on how I can get these for super cheap. The answer Goodwill dollar day! {I love it!}, I get great deals there! Anyway my plan is to get the next size smaller until I am in my dream size or until I need maternity.. ;). I want to fit inside of these in two weeks and I am so close to being almost there! but I hope my next one month picture update I will be in them. 

What are your goal outfits?


  • Don't judge yourself by what you understand of your potential. Trust in the Lord and what He can do with your dedicated heart and willing mind (see D&C 64:34). Order your life more effectively and eliminate trivia, meaningless detail, and activity. They waste the perishable, fixed, and limited resource of time. Choose to emphasize those matters that have an eternal consequence."Permanent, worthwhile growth is attainable, but not without great effort and the honest application of truth. Worthy accomplishment is founded in integrity. Righteousness is fundamental to happiness and desirable attainment. Righteousness is rooted in a pure heart. And indeed it protects one from contamination and the filth of the world. Righteous love is the supreme motivation for constructive change. The examples of our Father in Heaven and the Savior and Their teachings are the perfect source of motivation and direction for life."




    ~ Richard G. Scott, "Making the Right Choices" (CES fireside for young adults, Jan. 13, 2002), 4




     
     
     
     

     

 

 


 

1 comment:

Tami said...

Those outfits are SO cute!! Wish I knew of somewhere around here where I could get clothes that cheap. I wish I was that close to fitting in a size 14 too. I'm at a standstill already with my weight loss. Its frustrating. Have you been restricting calories, or just doing no sugar? Can't wait to see you photo update!!! :)