Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Still working on it.....

So I wanted to write and let you know how I was doing and what I have been doing. Mark is still looking for work, and I am still on this diet craze. This is my 3rd week doing it and so far I have been doing good with a few bad days...I will call them weekends. My goal is to lose three pounds a week which you know if you have PCOS it is an up hill battle.
I have been using a book called Fertility Foods ( the price isn't that bad on Amazon I think I paid 3.00 +shipping)

Any way may main goal is to eat which I know sounds silly but for me its my down fall. My average calorie count is around 900 calories. Why so little and why does it matter you ask? Will I am guilty of skipping meals and I have been known to skip up to 10 meals a day. Which is HORRIBLE FOR YOUR BODY! (sorry didn't mean to scare you.) You see when you skip meals your body goes into oh my she starving mode and then takes all the fat from anything you and stores it up. Then when you add PCOS to it you might as well jump off a cliff grab onto a branch half way down and try to climb back up. So this my diet created by me. I eat most of my carbs in the morning with an breakfast sandwich this way I have the whole day to burn them off. In the middle of the morning I have a smoothie with natural orange juice, yogurt to sweeten it and frozen berries. ( This week I am trying vanilla Activea yogurt0 Then for lunch I have soup from Campbell's healthy select. For dinner I usually have chicken or elk ( which is super lean) I work out for at least 30mins a day and I do 20 mins of cardio every other day. Ohh I also take some prenatal vitamins, as well as 1000 grams of cinnamon and 960 grams of red raspberry leaves.

So far so good I have lost about 8lbs and 22inches. Most of this I call my hormone weight since I was on hormones for like a year. Which can I say I feel so much better not having to take them! LOL

My goal is to do a 5k by January with my ultra fit Sister in Law. So I will start training for that in October which gives me a month to feel comfy enough to start running outside...yikes!

I hope that helps anyone who is trying to lose weight I think we all have to find what works best for each of us some need more structure and some need complete independent control. The book I mention above really helps put things into perspective,

The last motivation for this diet comes from a choice that I made with my DH. I really want to be at a healthy weight before I go back to the fertility doctor. This way it is a win win.

I wish you all luck!

Love,
Tiff

3 comments:

Christine Dallimore said...

I have been hearing so many good things about this book! I giggled when I read your post on loosing weight while having PCOS- So true!!!! I admire you for taking action and control. So hard to do-at least for me!!! Good luck with your goals and the 5K!!!! I'll be posting your link to my blog if that's o.k.! :0)

Bee Bee said...

Sorry I haven't been being a very good "online" weightloss buddy lately. I went MIA pretty much right after that post. It is really great that you have been able to loose 8lbs so far! That is awsome. I hope that I can follow in your footsteps this week.

Edith.morris said...

Love you Tiffany! I really want to get our girls together. Mondays are best for us, let me know! love Edith