Friday, September 25, 2009

Couch to 5k

Going from this:
To this:( I just thought that this pic was to funny!)

This week I am feeling so much better! I took this week off so that I could get back into my eating habits and so I would be ready to start training for my 5k in January!!!! I was going to do the mayo clinics training, but then after the advice from a friend I deiced to do the couch to 5k training program. It sounds just like the thing I need to get ready for January.


Basically how it works is like this you run three days a week starting in small increments. Then on the off days your exercise is up to you. So this is how my schedule is going to look:


Monday: Running


Tuesday: Strength training Arms/ Shoulders with bands


Wednesday: Running


Thursday: Strength training Abs /upper body


Friday: Running


Saturday and Sunday Days of rest!


So I will post everyday to let you know how it is going hopefully. If anyone would like to do this with me I would love the support, just leave me a comment and I would love to support you as well!


This is how first weeks running is going to look like:


Brisk five-minute warm up walk.


Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging


and


90 seconds of walking


for a total of 20 minutes.




If you would like to see the whole schedule then check it out here: Cool Running

No comments: