Friday, June 4, 2010

Collar bones oh my!




This morning when I looked in the mirror I saw my collar bone!!!! For the last five years it has been in hibernation under many blankets of fat. I was so excited I squealed!!! Little milestones like these really make my day! It also made me look at my body in a positive light. I am so blessed for all the things it does when I treat it right!

I also wanted to let in on my secret. I haven’t been doing my exercise videos. With summer her in AZ the weather can become unreal. You can sometimes feel like you are walking on the sun. {No Joke}. Coming from Idaho this is a huge blow to me every year. I loved the summer it meant we could go to the river wear shorts, sit in the grass and relax. Here you have to wear shorts to survive, there is really no grass to sit on and even the river can feel like lava! So far the last 4 years I have been hibernating when summer comes. NOT THIS YEAR! This year I am going to embrace it. I found an awesome website that will take your swimming experience and ability and device a plan for you to swim the weight off. Did I mention that it is free? I have loved my workouts so much more with this program!

Here is my first weeks swim program.

Personalized swimming program for Tiffany
www.swimplan.com

Duration 30-45 mins Distance 1200m Pool length 25m

Warm up

4 x 50m Freestyle Swim (even pace), rest 0:15 / 50m [Easy] Freestyle swim at a steady pace.

Build up (repeat 4 times)

1 x 25m Freestyle Catch Up, rest 0:10 / 25m [Aerobic] Freestyle drill where one arm catches up to the other between stokes. Both arms start stretched out. One arm completes full stoke (both arms return to a stretched out position) then the other arm completes a full stroke. Pull with one arm at a time and touch your hands between each alternating arm stroke. •

1 x 25m Streamline Kicking, rest 0:10 / 25m [Aerobic] Freestyle kick with arms held out front in a streamlined position. Fingers overlap with one thumb lightly gripping the opposite hand. Lift your chin above the water to breath without turning your head.



Core (repeat 3 times)

4 x 25m Freestyle, rest 0:15 / 25m (1st & 2nd), rest 0:10 / 25m (3rd & 4th) [Aerobic] Freestyle swim, resting 15 seconds for the first two 25m and 10 seconds for the second two 25m.

• 4 x 25m Breaststroke, rest 0:15 / 25m (1st & 2nd), rest 0:10 / 25m (3rd & 4th) [Aerobic] Breaststroke swim, resting 15 seconds for the first two 25m and 10 seconds for the second two 25m.

Warm down

• 4 x 25m Backstroke Easy, rest 0:10 / 25m [Easy] Backstroke swim at a slow, relaxed pace. Concentrate on long slow strokes.

• 4 x 25m Freestyle Push & Glide, rest 0:10 / 25m [Easy] Freestyle swim, pausing at the end of every stroke with arms out-stretched, one held out front, the other held loosely against the body.



There it is in all its glory!

Another great part about this site is that if you get tired of doing this plan or want to switch it up it gives you a list of different programs to chose from so you can always switch! Go check them out for a great work out.

Quote of the Day

"In my quiet moments, I think of the future with all of its wonderful possibilities and with all of its terrible temptations. I wonder what will happen to you in the next 10 years. Where will you be? What will you be doing? That will depend on the choices you make, some of which may seem unimportant at the time but which will have tremendous consequences.

"Someone has said, 'It may make a difference to all eternity whether we do right or wrong today' (James Freeman Clarke, in Elbert Hubbard's Scrap Book [1923], 95).

"You have the potential to become anything to which you set your mind. You have a mind and a body and a spirit. With these three working together, you can walk the high road that leads to achievement and happiness. But this will require effort and sacrifice and faith."

Gordon B. Hinckley, "Stay on the High Road," Ensign, May 2004, 112-13



Love

Tiff

Just in case you were wondering.

* This is my opinion and I have no affiliation with this website other then using it for my own personal use.

No comments: